Degree-seeking student

Residence permit

The International Relations Department (SRI) is available to help you with the application procedure for a residence permit.

Find out more about residence permits

The International Relations Department (SRI) is available to help you with :

  • The application procedure for your first residence permit (excluding Long-Stay Visas equivalent to Residence Permits (VLS-TS));
  • The application procedure for your first residence permit (students subject to the VLS-TS procedure);
  • The application procedure to renew your residence permit.

If you have a VLS (D visa), a VLS-TS or a residence permit

Since 15/09/2020, foreign students’ residence permit applications (first request or renewal) have been processed electronically as part of the deployment of the ANEF (Digital Administration Service for Foreigners in France) :

Holders of long-stay visas equivalent to a residence permit (VLS-TS), student residence permits or “Algerian student” D visas can submit their applications via the dedicated website.



Holders of competitive exam visas and minors attending school are not concerned by this dematerialised procedure.

Healthcare cover in France

New international students are required to register with Assurance Maladie for healthcare cover after arriving in France.

Since September 2018, new international students have been able to register with Assurance Maladie via a dedicated website.

This procedure is compulsory and must be carried out after arriving in the country and after paying the “student life” fee to the CROUS and registered at the higher education institution.

This dedicated website, available in French and English, is a unique space for international students to connect with Assurance Maladie.


The university also has an accommodation platform where you can find rental accommodation, houseshares, flatshares, sublet accommodation or a temporary room.

Find out more

Did you know ?

You may be eligible to receive housing benefit from the CAF (French Family Benefits Fund, or Caisse des Allocations Familiales). You will be given information about applying for housing benefit upon your arrival.

All tenants in France are required to take out home insurance (€40 to €80). In most cases, the civil liability insurance required to register at the university and obtain a student card is also included in this insurance.

- VISALE (Visa pour le Logement et l'Emploi) is a rental deposit granted by Action Logement. It guarantees the payment of rent and service charges to your landlord in the event of non-payment. The service is free of charge, and is designed to facilitate your search for accommodation by providing a guarantee for the landlord :

- LOCA-PASS allows you to obtain a zero-interest loan in order to pay your security deposit :